#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

4.23.2014

Autoimmune Protocol Day 90

41 Pounds Gone and Feeling Great!


Day 1                                            Day 90
Amazing how 90 days has gone by so quickly.  At the beginning I never thought I would see this day, but here it is.  Somehow I managed to keep doing it day after day. Forty-one pounds lighter and feeling completely different than I did three months ago.

What has changed?  The biggest difference is how I feel internally.  I have a feeling of self-acceptance that I haven’t had in a long time.  I have begun to feel comfortable in my own skin, which has been a lifelong pursuit.  Even though I still have lots more weight to lose I have lost the self-judgement and begun to accept myself “as is”.  Now, that is a huge shift. 

My body is healing as well.  There are no longer the aches and pains that I felt daily. I can move my body with more ease and even tie my shoes without cutting off my air supply. My rosacea is clearing up and my skin is much more healthy.  I even feel the difference in my hair, stronger and thicker.  No more constipation.  I could write a whole blog post about digestion!  The difference in my digestion from Day 1 until today is like night and day. No more stomach burning indigestion, gastrointestinal distress, gas or bloating.  That alone is worth giving up all the foods I’ve given up.  Plus the addition of kombacha has made all the difference!

Speaking of giving up foods . . . I am still pretty strict AIP, but I have added in a few things.  I added back my favorite cappuccino - but only occasionally.  Decaf, of course. I enjoy the ritual of the coffee shop and the taste of an occasional cup.  It is a quality of life thing - honestly. I also tired rice, tomatoes, and some Chinese food.  I did okay with the tomatoes, but the rice and Chinese not so much. I could feel the minor bloating and I got a headache from the Chinese.  Most likely soy related.  I am continuing to eat tomatoes and may try other nightshades to see what happens.  But staying true to the AIP as outlined by Sarah Ballantyne in her book The Paleo Approach is best for me right now.  

There are two things I want to do more of: exercise and cooking.  Now that my body feels so much better I feel like moving it.  I have increased my walking time and I am contemplating adding yoga back into my life.  I love it and miss it and now that 41 pound are gone it may be easier to do the poses.  I’m going to look for a class. Secondly, I want to explore more Paleo recipes and increase my cooking repertoire.  It is important to have variety and make yummy food, since I plan on doing this for the long haul.  I’ve decided to invest in some new cookbooks. Here are a few of the cookbooks I have on my must buy list:

Real Food Recipes  The Spunky Coconut Kelly Broyzna  - Coming this month! (She also has a free ebook of Paleo Pasta that is fantastic!)

Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfillppo



I Quit Sugar Cookbook by Sarah Wilson

The Paleo Approach Cookbook by Sarah Ballantyne, Ph.D
(Coming out in August, you can pre-order.  I can’t wait for this one!)

There are also many websites, blogs and Pinterest Boards that are filled with wonderful recipes and inspiration.  Here are a few I frequent.

Pinterest

Websites/Blogs

My AIP Journey and the Amino Acid Protocol in conjunction has been a blessing in my life.  If you are suffering from any inflammation related issues I highly recommend this approach.  If you have any questions or would like to talk to me privately about this issue, I would love to answer any questions you may have.  Just send me note - click here.

There are a lot of links in this post.  I wanted to provide you with as many resources as I can.  Look at the ones that appeal to you and ignore the rest!

Big love and vibrant health!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.