#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

4.07.2014

A Little Humble Pie with my Cappuccino

Wisdom comes from the most interesting places.


On Friday, something very interesting happened on my quest for the perfect cup of cappuccino.  I found a spot in Redmond called Soul Food Coffee House.  It had great reviews on Yelp and the photos looked intriguing.  When I got there it turned out to be a book store and coffee shop that specialized in quirky, new age, metaphysical kinda stuff.  There was even a woman at a table doing tarot card readings.  In the back of the shop musicians were hanging out, playing guitars and talking.  It made me think of what a coffee house in the 60's must have been like. This one was alternative and hip in a new thought sort of way.  I liked it right away.

I ordered a cappuccino and starting looking around.  The place was a treasure.  Books, art work, candles, incense, smudge sticks, cards, essential oils, statues, scarfs, jewelry.  A little bit of everything.  Then, on the counter near the barista station was a display of artist made pendulums.  Wow, this got my attention fast.  I saw one immediately that called to me.  It had a old skeleton key at the top and a black marble Orthoceras fossil at the bottom.  In between were Picture Jasper and Citrine beads with copper chain.  It was amazing!! I picked it up and tested it out and it responded immediately.  There was something magical about this piece.  I knew I had to buy it.

I took it and my coffee and found a table.  As soon as I held it for a while I felt overcome with a message.  I knew I had to ask it about the writing I had been doing the past few days.  I had a feeling that something was off so I began asking it questions and it reacted sharply.  It was clear that I was not on the right path with my writing and my focus was off. I was writing a guide book about using pendulums and this pendulum was telling me I was off base totally.  Very strange!

It was a bit overwhelming and set me off kilter.  I knew I had to investigate it further.  So after gathering myself I formulated a line of questioning and within minutes I was clear.  Totally!  I saw that I needed to stay focused on my book Becoming Zia, my blog and developing a writers platform to support that.  The time is not right for me to be writing the Pendulum Wisdom book, it is a distraction I can't indulge right now.  It was a humbling moment. I had myself totally convinced that I was doing it for the right reasons, although part of me knew something wasn't clicking.  Calling it self-sabatogue might be a little harsh, but it definitely is a distraction that was taking me off course.  So I am putting it on the back burner for now, and refocusing.

Going to Souf Food Coffee House and finding the pendulum were serendipitous and happened for a reason.  I am humbled and grateful for the insight and shift in direction.  Isn't it ironic how the wisdom of the pendulum helped me see that writing an ebook called Pendulum Wisdom was taking me off course.  Ummm, interesting.

If you were looking forward to reading Pendulum Wisdom it will be available in the future. It hasn't been shelved, it's been postponed.  Never fear, as soon as I start work on it again you'll be the first to know.

Meanwhile . . .  back to work on building a new website, completing the epilogue of Becoming Zia, hiring an editor, a cover designer, writing more blog posts, etc., etc.,  . . . . . . .

Clarity is a great thing!

Big Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.