#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

3.07.2014

Gluten Free Yumminess - Gingersnap Cookies

It’s been 43 days that I’ve being following the Autoimmune Protocol developed by The Paleo Mom. And, that means being gluten free. Lately I have been looking for something sweet to snack on occasionally.  Lucky for me, my friend Jo baked these yummy Gingersnap Cookies and bought them to a potluck this week.  They were delicious, so I asked her for the recipe. Now I’m going to share it with you. I baked some today.

They are pretty simple to make.  Everything goes into the food processor and once blended you roll them into to balls, flatten them, and bake.  So good!

Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies

2 cups pitted dates
1 1/2 c arrowroot starch/flour 
1/4 c organic blackstrap molasses
1/2 tbs organic maple syrup
2 tbs coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Soak dates for 5 minutes in hot water, then drain.

Place drained dates, and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor.  I used my Ninja and it worked great. Process using the pulse function until all the ingredients are mixed.  You may still see small pieces of dates and ginger.

Using a tablespoon, take some dough and roll it into a ball, about the size of a large walnut and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass.  I wet the bottom of the glass and the cookies did not stick.  Gives them a nice round look.

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until they darken in color and are slightly brown on the bottom.  Transfer to a cooling rack and let set for at least 10 minutes. (If you can wait!) 

Store in airtight container.

Note: Be sure to measure the dates, before soaking.  Always use fresh ginger, I added a little more than the recipe and they turned out great. Do not over mix the dough.  There should be little flecks of date in the mixture.  If you over mix they will come out rubbery.  Using the parchment paper or silicone baking sheet really help, because these can easily burn.  Check them after 20 minutes.  The come out soft and then get crunchy, yet stay soft in the center.


Enjoy!


You can find most of these ingredients at Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.