#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

3.09.2014

How to Crack Open a Coconut


Cracking open coconuts has always been a pain in the you know what. Since following the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) I've been eating a lot of coconut.  Last week I bought an organic one and decided to try a new technique I found on YouTube.

I enlisted Jeff's help and we both went to work giving it a try. We watched the video a couple of times, gathered our supplies, set the oven to 400 degrees and went for it. It worked!  Just like the video.  I have never heard of this technique before, but it was the easiest opening of a coconut that I have ever experienced.  The coconut came out in big chunks and I put them in a FoodSaver bag and sealed it up with my handheld FoodSaver vacuum sealer and popped it in the freezer.  Now I can take out a piece when ever I want it. One coconut will fill the quart size bag.  Quite a lot!

Here is the video we used.  Give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.