#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

3.26.2014

Fennel Bulb + Carrots

New Food Experiment - Week 3

Here is my new food experiment for the week.  Fennel bulb.  I've seen them at the farmers market for years, but I never tried one.  This week I decided to give it a go.  They looked so beautiful and spring like that it made me happy.  I wasn't exactly sure what to do with it. So decided to make fennel and carrots.  Seemed simple enough.

Fennel is sort of an odd looking thing.  I wasn't sure how to cut it and what part to use.  Of course, I went to Goggle and found a great article on "How to Chop Fennel".  It was actually pretty simple.  I cleaned it, then chopped the bulb in thin slices and discarded the stalks.  Then cleaned, peeled and also thinly slices some beautiful fresh carrots.  I threw them in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil and sautéed it for about 10-15 minutes.  I sprinkled them with a little Himalayan sea salt.  Delicious!  

The fennel has a subtle anise flavor and goes nicely with the carrots and the hint of coconut from the oil just made it very yummy.  I paired it with grilled chicken breast.  This is  definitely one to make again! Simple and tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.