#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

3.30.2014

Coconut Oil Cures Sugar Craving

and Raises Metabolism!


It's true!  And am I ever happy about it.  Since I started the AIP journey I have learned a lot about coconut.  I have been using coconut oil to cook and Coconut Manna to make snacks.  I am even eating raw coconut that I keep in the freezer (it's yummy cold), now that I know how easy it is to crack them.  I have even started using it on my body - it's great for dry skin and isn't oily at all after it's rubbed in.

What I've learned is that coconut oil is made up of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) and, although it is saturated, it is beneficial to the body, not harmful.  Because MCFAs are so small they are easy for the body to digest and go quickly to the liver where they are converted into energy.  They also rev up the metabolism which actually helps you lose weight.  Crazy huh?   Because it is so quick acting it gives you a similar burst of energy as sugar would, but is totally good for you.  Some people eat a tablespoon or two a day. It doesn't taste bad at all.

Using it for cooking is great, it can withstand high heat and adds a unique flavor to food.  The Coconut Manna is like coconut butter - it is finely ground coconut and can be used is lots of recipes.  I made Coconut Lime Frosty Cups I found at the Paleo Parents blog. They were delicious.

At first I was worried about using it (too much fat), but the more I read the more I understood about it.  I have been eating it daily for well over a month and I am losing weight and my cravings for sweets have vanished.  The great thing about it is how simple it is to use, how great it tastes and how versatile it is.

If you want to learn more here is a great article by Sarah Wilson from I Quit Sugar called "How to Break Your Sugar Addiction with Coconut Oil." It's filled with great information and links to further explain the process.

If you a re struggling with sugar cravings than I highly recommend buying some coconut oil and giving it a try.  What have you got to lose!

Blessing and big love,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.