#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

3.23.2014

35 Pound Weight Loss

Check -in Day 60

Today is day 60 following the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP).  Hard to believe the time has gone by so quickly.  I weighed this morning and have lost 35.6 pounds since I started on January 23.  I was elated!  My body feels a lot different and my clothes are fitting much better.

Day 1 and Day 60
But, that's not the reason I started the AIP. It was my realization that I had to deal with my autoimmune disease and the problems it was causing. You can read more about my journey here.  The goal is to heal my body, get healthy, and prolong my life.  I have lots of things I want to do and great grand children to meet.

Here's the report for Day 60.  I feel great.  A lot of my symptoms have vastly improved, many vanished.  No more lethargy, depression or huge mood swings.  My thoughts are more clear and my brain is functioning like it did ten yeas or ago or more. My memory has improved significantly.  I am getting at least eight hours of sleep every night, and go to sleep quickly and sleep soundly.  Just getting good sleep changes everything.  I'm walking five days a week and I am walking longer, faster and with a lighter step.  No more leg aches or pains. No more knee problems (hooray!)  My digestion and elimination are in nearly perfect working order - and that is something that hasn't happened in years.  It's amazing what being regular can do for you! (TMI?) Cravings are a thing of the past, and I am leaving food on my plate, and forgetting to eat on occasion - which is crazy!  The power the food had over me had been lifted and I am listening to my body more and more.

Sounds great?  It is! All it requires is that I say on the path and keep doing what I've been doing.  However, it is time to start introducing some foods back into my diet.  I am going to start with eggs.  There is a entire process I have to go through when I re-introduce something.  I'l let you know how that goes in another post. For today I am happy to be feeling so good and losing 35.6 pounds.  Now that's something to celebrate!

Big love, Zia

4 comments:

  1. OMG after years of this PLEASEEEEE share with me. Im in Australia and on synthetic T3 and T4 and still no good. Armour isnt available here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, I am on T3/T4 compounded. It is the best I've found and works for me. Armour isn't as reliable. They key is getting the dosage right. I am working with a naturopath and he has a formula for for the ratio of T3 to T4. He was able to help in a just a couple of months - which is unheard of in my history. I was diagnosed in 1986 and was oaky for a long time - or so I thought. Then about 8 years ago things went crazy and I wasn't able to get it under control until now. The AIP food plan is difficult but works terrific. Between the naturopath and the AIP I feel so much better. Better than I have in years. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Zia...thanks for sharing! I am curious if you kept carbs low on AIP. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica, Yes, I did keep my carbs low. I didn't track them but only ate veggies and occasionally a sweet potato. Also only green apples, grapefruit and green bananas for fruit. Of course no grains at all. (Or dairy, nuts, eggs, legumes, nightshades, etc.) It's pretty hard core, but my Hashimoto's had gotten out of control and I was willing to try anything. So glad I did AIP. My focus had changed entirely. Much better

      Delete

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.