#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

1.27.2014

Attack of the Antibodies

Antibodies are supposed to be the good guys.  They fight off bacteria, viruses, toxins, and all kinds of bad germy things in our bodies.  But some times things go haywire and they start attacking healthy tissue.  That’s what happened to me.  My antibodies started waging war on my thyroid.

What triggers the antibodies to go crazy is called an autoimmune response. Something is not right in my body and it creates the autoimmune reaction telling my antibodies to attack my thyroid.  For years I have been treating the results, my hypothyroidism.  Now I am going to start treating the cause, the autoimmune response and the inflammation it creates. 

Many people suffer from this same problem and it shows up as Graves disease, MS, arthritis, skin problems, Addison’s, lupus, celiac, fibromyalgia, and more. It all begins with a wacky autoimmune system.

How to heal this autoimmune response?

Now, this is a tricky question. Depending on who you talk to or what you read, there are many different answers.  The list of protocols can be a mile long. After a lot of research and conversations with my Naturopathic doc, this is how I decided to approach it. Treatment is personal and unique to every person. 

Autoimmune Protocol
  • Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, Nightshade, Free Diet
  • Improve Sleep
  • Manage and Reduce Stress
  • Address Emotional, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Issues 
  • Balance Neurotransmitters with Amino Acid Protocol 

This is a whole new way of living, behaving and being for me. It’s not some crazy plan for losing weight or fixing my thyroid, it is a multi-step approach to healing my body, mind and spirit. I’m sure it will evolve and change over time, but I am starting here.  Taking it one step, one day at a time. The first big step was realizing the truth - it was time I start treating the cause and stop focusing on the symptoms. Let the healing begin!

Do you or someone you know suffer from an autoimmune condition? Please tell me about it. Your stories are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.