#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

4.18.2014

People (& Clothes) Watching

McCaren International Airport


Here I am, waiting for my flight home.  I made it the first leg, but now the second flight has been delayed.  I have two hours to kill so I thought I would write a post.  It is interesting watching people at the airport.  For me it is the best people watching location anywhere.  So many people, so many stories, it’s fascinating.

While I was waiting for my first flight.  I spotted a woman wearing the new style I am curious about.  It’s called “Lagenlook”, which means layered in German.  It’s a style that’s been around for a while and I have skirted around it for years, not really knowing it had a name.  During this trip I came face-to-face with it in a way I couldn’t ignore.  I started looking into it and even started a Lagenlook Pinterest board.  So, when I saw the woman at the airport, I paid close attention.  Once I boarded I couldn’t get her look out of my mind so I pulled out by iPad mini and opened one of my favorite drawing apps Brushes and started sketching.  Her outfit is similar to the first one, lime green with white shirt and black pants.  That got me started and I just kept drawing.  I am definitely no fashion designer, but I had fun drawing these.



Interestingly enough, these are very similar to ones I started sketching when I was at the Ghost Ranch this past summer.  I had no idea about Lagenlook then, but that was exactly what I was drawing.  I am being called to this look. Don’t know where it will led, guess it’s time for a new style.  I feel my creative juices starting to flow. Might have to get out my sewing machine.

In the spirit of the flow . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.