#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

4.03.2014

Action Cures Fear

I heard something recently that really got my attention.  A friend read it to me from a book he was reading called the Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz.
"Action cures fear. 
Procrastination, postponement and indecision fertilize fear."
When I heard this I realized it was true.  Powerfully true. How often does procrastination paralyze us and make a fearful situation even bigger.  Putting things off until another day never really solves anything, just fuels the fire. Realizing that putting it off acts as fertilizer and increases the fear makes it even more important to start taking action!

This has been an issue for me most of my life.  I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out the best plan of action, predicting all the pros and cons, researching the possibilities, gathering data.  By the time I accomplish all this I've nearly forgotten my original plan.  Or, I'm so discouraged that I give up and go in another direction completely.

Other times I've jumped in too early and taken action without considering all the angles and found myself in situations that end up being a bad match. However, it seems that I always learned some important lesson from those choices, ones I would never have learned otherwise.  When I look back at my life it is not the things I have done that I regret, it's the things I have not done.  The times I was so scared to try something new, too afraid to go for it, not speaking up for what I really wanted, or saying "no" to an opportunity because I was afraid of the unknown. 

Hearing this quote affirmed something that feels powerful to me.  Action is movement, it's energy flowing.  Procrastination and indecision are stagnate, stuck energy.  Sometimes the only thing to do is DO SOMETHING.  Take action. That's where the power lies.  It doesn't have to be a big thing, but any action, even a small step is movement.  Movement is action and action cures fear.  

Are you feeding fear today?  What action could you take to change it?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.