#ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

4.14.2014

Clarity • Vision • Blog Mission Statement


Writers Retreat UPDATE . . . 

A few days into my writers retreat I had a change of direction.  I put my Pendulum Wisdom ebook on hold and decided to focus on getting more clear about what I was actually doing.  I
started blogging in January 2014 to share about my life changing experience of Becoming Zia and the book I am writing about the experience. This began to evolve and include my Autoimmune Disease and process of my healing. The blog was beginning to take on a life of it’s own. Since I have a bit of a problem with attention and getting easily distracted, I thought I better get focused and find some clarity.  So I set off on a journey to develop a mission statement for my blog and website. (It was a recommendation from my new everything internet guru Pat Flynn.)

For days now I have been writing, asking myself questions and looking for clarity in the answers.  I have used my new pendulum to check the answers for authenticity and truth.  It has been an interesting process. In the spirit of transparency and speaking my truth, I want to share some of my clarity with you.  So if you have been asking yourself, “What in the heck is she trying to accomplish with this blog?” Then, here’s your answer!

Mission Statement:
Becoming Zia is a blog and writers’ platform for Zia Poe. It's a place when I can speak my truth and share stories that inspire and encourage women to live their most authentic, vibrant and wholly healthy lives (mind • body • spirit).  The platform is a means of sharing ideas, thoughts and information, as well as providing a place for conversation and feedback. It serves to build an audience for the Becoming Zia book and future projects.  It is  also a method of providing income through affiliate and other types of marketing and sales of passive income products
Questions: I asked myself lots of questions, but I compiled them into this list of seven and pulled out words that seemed to bring understanding and clarity for each question.  
Why am I blogging?   love to write • spill thoughts • inspire • share information • be heard • connection • writers platform • passive income  
Who is my audience?  women • all ages • 40+ • seeking fulfilling lives • authenticity • open minded seekers • looking for inspiration • healing • connection • deeper meaning in life 
How will I attract readers?  provide value • topics of interest • quality posts & products • social media • email list • back linking • SEO • webinars • networking • clarity of mission  
What do I want to provide?  share LOVE • oneness • inspiration • new ideas • thought provoking posts • information/learning • self awareness • pleasure • smile or a huh? I never thought of that? • evoke feelings 
What do I want to accomplish? write - do what I love • open minds and hearts • be heard • speak truth • share ideas and knowledge • build writers platform • sell books • make passive income • create laptop lifestyle 
What aesthetics do I want to achieve?  clean • creative • interesting • easy to navigate • peaceful • splashes of color • modern, but not stark • peacock • alive • vibrant yet subdued  
What do I want to portray?  honest • open • wise, yet always a student of life • seeker • teacher • positive • affirming • willingness to talk about difficult stuff • excited about life • evolving • truth speaker • confident • competent 
Well, that’s it. It sums up my thoughts and feelings about what I am creating. If you made it this far, thank you for reading it all and indulging me  I appreciate it greatly. It is my hope that doing this clarity work will help me become more focused and provide better value for you the reader.  Plus it will keep me from being distracted by shiny new ideas that take me off course! Focus, focus, focus!

I would love any comments.  Feel free to speak your truth! It's what matters most.

Big LOVE,  






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/07/2014

    Go Zia!!
    I am a big fan of you...you inspire this 35 year old heart.

    I read you all the time.

    Starr

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Message! I love hearing from you.